Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wedding Tip Number Two - Use Your Resources

If you've lived in your town or city for any amount of time, you're bound to know talented people who do things that are wedding related. Or, by asking around you may have a friend who has a friend, if you know what I mean. There are so many talented people within your community who may work full time jobs, but dabble in something else on the side as a part-time job or hobby who won't charge the more expensive prices as those who work in that particular field full time.

For example, I work in a building that houses over 1000 employees. In that building I have a friend who is a preacher who offered to officiate my wedding at no charge as a wedding gift. That is a $100 - $200 wedding gift that really helped my budget. Another co-worker is a photographer in her spare time and charged me a third of what the photographer my friend hired for her wedding charged her...and he was the cheapest she could find!

Another co-worker's brother is a baker who is going through baking school with hopes of opening his own bakery. He baked all of my cupcakes with 2 flavor choices, the topper cake and delivered them to my venue for $125, a fraction of the cost the bakeries in town wanted to charge for the same thing. Last, but not least, a good friend who I went to high school with works at a florist shop as a hobby and did all of the flower arrangements, bouquets and boutonnieres as a wedding gift. All I had to pay for were the flowers, which she got incredibly cheap with her wholesale license.

Ask around at work, school or church. You never know what hidden talents your friends and colleagues may have.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment